Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What to do, what to do

I found this mirror at Goodwill for $5. Should I keep it like it is (I mean, is it you know, "cottagey" enough) or paint it? It has some nice detail around the edges. I am leaning more towards leaving it be, but I need some confirmation from my fellow bloganistas. I am a woman, and I don't make decisions well...bottom line.

I also found that bowl and pitcher at Goodwill for just under $3. I love it! It makes for a great vase, dontcha think? What are those called anyway? Do they have a certain name? Can you tell I am new to this "cottage" thing?


This is an old milk bottle that we found at Rusty Cottage, as well as the doilie (is that how you spell it?) underneath. The bottle came with a lid but of course I had to take it off for the baby's breath. I am really starting to like old bottles, yup, definitely am.


Pretty flowers from the grocery store! There is just somethin' about havin' fresh flowers in my home that makes me so happy.

Pretty flowers on the mirror. I am thinkin' of puttin' this in my bathroom. Dunno, still contemplating...hmmmm

Ooooo....oooo....found this at Goodwill too. Did me some research on that ther' Internet and found out that it is from the 70s. We can call that vintage, right? Not sure how reliable the source was (Ebay) but lets pretend its true. No names, dates or markings on it :(

I promise that I am going to do better about posting more often...I promise, I really do. I went to an antique mall today. Took lots of pictures. Stay posted!

Ta ta for now!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Quirky Cottage Owners said...

I love that mirror just like it is. And the bottle -- just great. Makes me want to make a trip back to your area just to go shopping. You have a lot more access to vintage items than we do on the west coast. Everything here was made the day before yesterday.
Rita

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

You found some great treasures. Oh, I didn't get any emails. :0(. I wonder what is up? You know, your little pitcher and bowl are similar to the ones I have sitting on my vanity (see blog budoir).

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Anna! I'm giving you an award! Come on over and get it :0). I've so enjoyed meeting you and look forward to your entries. It's neat to see what new treasure you are able to find.

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your treasures!
Have a great day!
Kim

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

My favorite is that last item, it looks like it would be fun for a variety of things!

Happy day!

Melissa