Thursday, July 17, 2008

My First Award...Thank you, Thank you *curtsy*


I would like to begin by thanking the little people...

Haha, no really, I am so honored to have received my very first award and from such a sweet person...Rechelle at Walnuthaven Cottage. I am so delighted with this new found friendship. Be sure to check out her blog. Her blog is so warm and inviting.

Once an award is received, the rules are as follows:
1.Put the logo on your blog.
2.Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3.Nominate at least seven other blogs.
4.Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5.Leave a message for your nominee on their blogs.

OK, so here it goes...(I had such a hard time choosing)

1. Penny at Lavender Hill Studio is such a sweet and talented bloganista. She is a mosaic artist and has made some of the MOST beautiful pieces. Some day I hope to own one of her adorable birdhouses. She was one of the first to comment on my blog and has stuck with me ever since. She is so sweet...I already said that didn't I?

2. Nicol at Classy and Sophisticated has great taste in decorating. She is a "regular" blogger, meaning that she posts on a regular basis (which I love). I especially enjoy reading about little Olivia. My Addy and her Olivia are very close in age.

3. Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams runs a sweet, funny and creative blog. I especially love one of her recent comments about Tom Sellek and how he is "yummy with a spoon". Haha!

4. Gail at Shabby Cottage Studio for not only creating a beautiful Rusty Cottage banner but also for all of her talent and creativity. Be sure to visit her blog and then click on the link to her awesome Etsy shop.

5. Kathy at Vintage Snaps and Scraps. If you are ever looking for old, vintage photographs this is the place to go. She has two Etsy shops and they are equally incredible. She does a lot of awesome mixed media art work with old photos. You can also buy just photos.

6. Cindy at My Romantic Home is one of the most inspirational bloggers I have found. She is especially helpful when it comes to decorating and painting furniture. I look forward to her new posts on a daily basis. This blog is addicting!

7. Jan at Daylily Lane just because. She seems so sweet through her writing, she is creative, and her blog is simple, yet cute. She also has some excellent giveaways! I look forward to reading more posts from Jan.

8. And last, but certainly not least, Kim at Daisy Cottage. If you haven't been there yet I am shocked! Get over there now! As soon as you see her first post you will know why I put her on this list. She has probably received this award before, but I had to do it, I just had to!

All of these ladies have been a huge inspiration to me. There are many more inspiring blogs on my blog roll. Check them out :o)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for the award and the nice words you shared!!! It's very much appreciated.

Nicol said...

Thanks for the award. This is my first award as well and very excited to receive it!

I really enjoy your blog!

Kathy said...

Anna~
Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this award...and your kind words really touched me, many thanks. I will add you to my blog, so I remember to visit often. I enjoyed my visit!
~xx~
Kathy

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Anna ~ Ahhhhh...you are a such a sweet young lady!!! I am just honored as all can be and thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your award with me. ((hugs)) to you!! Oh, and btw, Mr. Tom IS yummy with a spoon! snicker snicker... He is my "dream" guy and a NICE person, too.

smiles for you,
Becky

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Thanks for the award! I really appreciate it. I am sorry I am so late in responding. I have had company and have not been in blog land. You are just the sweetest!!
Penny

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooooooooo much dear Anna! YOU are a breath of fresh air and I am so glad that you have joined us in Blogland!

(((hugs)))
Kim
Daisy Cottage