Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cottage Ideas

Since we are in the very beginning stages of remodeling we don't have any set ideas for color schemes for specific rooms yet. Being that I am the woman (and the one with more decorating sense), I am constantly researching and looking for ideas for color schemes. I know that it isn't in our budget to buy all new furniture (especially when what we have isn't bad) so the existing furniture will need to compliment the colors on the walls as well as any other fabrics and so forth that I might throw in there. I am definitely not opposed to painting our furniture. However, I cannot paint the couch so as far as the living room goes it will have to be colors that compliment well with browns. I am thinking creams or beiges. If you have any thoughts please let me know. I am VERY open to any and all suggestions or comments. Also, if you have your own cottage or cottage decorated home, please feel free to leave a link to a picture or to your blog with pictures of your cottage. I truly need all the ideas I can get.
Thanks for your help!
Anna

1 comment:

Shab-n-Chic said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I enjoyed reading yours and hope to see pictures of this little rusty cottage! I'm sure it's a diamond in the rough. It will be a lot of work, but so rewarding I'm sure. Take care~ Nancy