Friday, December 12, 2008

An early Christmas gift for me!











About 3 weeks ago John, Addie and I all went for a Sunday drive. It's something we do from time to time. We drove through the country on back, winding roads and ended up in a small town called Plattsburg, MO. I had heard of this time a lot but never been to it. We drove around the town and soon discovered that it is full of history and gorgeous (let me emphasize...GORGEOUS) homes. They especially have a lot of old, Victorian style homes.

We turned down one particular street that had several huge homes. Most were homes that people lived in but one was a museum and one was the above home...a Bed and Breakfast to be exact. I have never stayed in a B&B before and I casually mentioned to my husband that we should come stay there sometime if my parents would watch Addie. The next day my father called to tell me that they wanted to give John and I a weekend to ourselves for Christmas (meaning that Addie could come stay with them).

To make a long story short, this past weekend he took me there. He even took me to their annual Christmas Home Tours that was going on that weekend! I was totally in my element!!!

I literally took at least 100 pictures and I can't wait to show them to you! But for now I am just showing the outside because it is late and I am tired and loading pics on Blogger is exhausting.

If you are anywhere near northwest Missouri here is their website. They are such a delightful couple, they treat you well and it is very inexpensive.

3 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

OMgosh, how beautiful that house is! How great that your dad gave you guys a weekend and I'll bet the tour was just awesome! Can't wait to see pics!

Sara said...

That is just breathtaking! So, glad you got a weekend away!

Coloradolady said...

Anne, Thanks so much for your comment on my blog today. Here is the information I have on the back of the print. I hope that helps.

Hearts Desire Gallery
3902 Oakland Ave.
St. Joseph, Mo 64506
817-279-8745

I hope that this place is still in business!

Merry Christmas to you and your family